EDF’s first Social Sustainability-Linked Loan
1 - minute read
Natixis acted as Sustainability Coordinator of EDF’s new credit facility indexed on social indicators and syndicated with 9 banks, a first for the company
On December 24th, EDF announced the syndication of a new €1.5 billion revolving credit facility with an initial maturity of three years, with a sustainability-linked mechanism related to four performance indicators, with a particular focus on social responsibility and a Fair and Inclusive Transition in favour of all its stakeholders:
- Employees: goal of reaching 33% of women on management committees by 2026;
- Customers: thanks to digital energy efficiency solutions, EDF enables its customers to better understand their consumption and reduce their energy bills;
- Suppliers: achievement of the Excell Plan, an action plan to promote the relocation and support of SMEs in the nuclear sector as part of the France Relance programme;
- Communities: ongoing dialogue and consultation process with communities and territories for new projects, in line with the Equator Principles, involving local communities throughout the project life cycle.
This new line of credit complements the range of sustainable finance tools that EDF has been developing for several years, remaining at the forefront of responsible finance:
- With EUR 9.1 billion of ESG-indexed credit facilities at the end of 2021, representing more than 75% of its credit lines. It has the ambition to reach 100% in the years to come
- With the equivalent of EUR 10 billion of green & social bonds issued since 2013.